Board index Other Stuff General Chat RCZ and RCZ 'R' Door Courtesy Lights

RCZ and RCZ 'R' Door Courtesy Lights

General Chat about anything non-car related; Jokes, fun, of interest, lifestyle, in the news

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm
tianorth User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1781
Kudos: 372
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Replacement films - like the idea of that!!!
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back


Post Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:38 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

75 sets of 'RCZ' ordered today (25 Peugeot ones as well). It will take a a little while for them to be manufactured and received. But once I have them I shall check for quality and then I can let you all know about cost and ordering.

For now I am not wanting to take any pre-orders as I need to make sure they are as expected.

Post Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:29 pm
Stu8 Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 117
Kudos: 82
RCZ-Performance wrote:
75 sets of 'RCZ' ordered today (25 Peugeot ones as well). It will take a a little while for them to be manufactured and received. But once I have them I shall check for quality and then I can let you all know about cost and ordering.

For now I am not wanting to take any pre-orders as I need to make sure they are as expected.

Nice work can't wait :thumbup:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:44 pm
Reflectiv User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 57
Kudos: 118
Location: Brackley, Northants..


Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1266
Kudos: 627
Location: North Yorks
Well pre-orders or not - I'll have a set thanks !!

Did you get any R ones done this time ??

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 pm
stewartwillsher User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 590
Kudos: 252
Location: Western Spain
Can I ask what may appear to be a stupid question:
Do these "special" door lights with logo reduce the illumination level compared with the standard lights which I believe I have,
Because if they do, as much as I like the idea, we are not over-endowed with street lighting in the sticks of wild West Spain, so would be reluctant to change them.
Thanks for your opinion.
"La Gata Negra" 2.0 HDI 2014 Swiss spec fully loaded.

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:58 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1266
Kudos: 627
Location: North Yorks
My tuppence worth - yes they do squash the light levels due to the colouring, these of course are purely aesthetic.
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:05 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3729
Kudos: 1129
Location: Yorkshire
Yes, inevitably they do reduce the amount of light, but they still light up the outside of the car when the doors are open, however, if illumination is your main aim then probably best either sticking with the standard ones,

or,

if you buy a set of led puddle lights, just cheap ones, then remove the film that gives whatever logo on the ones you get, you get a very bright large round light at the side if the car.

I know this, cos my original RCZ ones went dodgy, so I had to remove the piccaso like film, which has left mine shining brightly.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:53 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 1280
Kudos: 542
Reflectiv wrote:
New ones have arrived.. :D

Image


Put me down for a set too :thumbup:
Image
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:23 am
Reflectiv User avatar

Member
Member

Posts: 57
Kudos: 118
Location: Brackley, Northants..

You'll have to get hold of Steven at RCZ performance, if you want a set..

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:09 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

Just a quick message.
I had a limited number of these lights made to see how they were and would sell.
They all sold quickly (yes all have been purchased or put aside awaiting for payment), so I am putting in for another order to be delivered which will happen in September as I am now going on holiday.
This time around I will also announce on this forum that they are available (I only announced on my RCZ Performance FB page this time as that is the first place I announce anything - always a good idea to like and follow my page if you want to know about things first).
Steven

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:57 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Moderator
Moderator

Posts: 1280
Kudos: 542
RCZ-Performance wrote:
Just a quick message.
I had a limited number of these lights made to see how they were and would sell.
They all sold quickly (yes all have been purchased or put aside awaiting for payment), so I am putting in for another order to be delivered which will happen in September as I am now going on holiday.
This time around I will also announce on this forum that they are available (I only announced on my RCZ Performance FB page this time as that is the first place I announce anything - always a good idea to like and follow my page if you want to know about things first).
Steven


That’s great I will definitely have a set when the new batch arrives :thumbup:
Image
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:00 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

neilgsxr69 wrote:
RCZ-Performance wrote:
Just a quick message.
I had a limited number of these lights made to see how they were and would sell.
They all sold quickly (yes all have been purchased or put aside awaiting for payment), so I am putting in for another order to be delivered which will happen in September as I am now going on holiday.
This time around I will also announce on this forum that they are available (I only announced on my RCZ Performance FB page this time as that is the first place I announce anything - always a good idea to like and follow my page if you want to know about things first).
Steven


That’s great I will definitely have a set when the new batch arrives :thumbup:


Best way to reserve a set is to email me at [email protected] :thumbup:

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:03 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3729
Kudos: 1129
Location: Yorkshire
Did you make any enquiries about replacement films Steve? The images of these seem even better than the others did.

Also, do you know if the quality of these is any better than the others. They didn’t seem to last that long :eusa-think:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:40 am
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

DKZ5745 wrote:
Did you make any enquiries about replacement films Steve? The images of these seem even better than the others did.

Also, do you know if the quality of these is any better than the others. They didn’t seem to last that long :eusa-think:


I did make enquiries into the film and can get some but in large quantities, so this is still in discussion with the manufacturer of the lamp assemblies. I agree the image of these are better so hopefully they do last longer. These do come with a 12-month lamp and film warranty.

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:16 pm
DKZ5745 User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 3729
Kudos: 1129
Location: Yorkshire
Email sent Steve :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

Wait list for reserving the next batch of lights is growing fast. Email me at [email protected] to be notified first and get the first chance to buy these when I get more in mid-late September.

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:25 pm
RCZ-Performance User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 2048
Kudos: 261
Location: Banbury

For more information about the lights including cost, visit my Facebook page and check out the shop section where you can find the lights and some other items for your RCZ https://www.facebook.com/RCZPerformance/

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:41 pm
tianorth User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1781
Kudos: 372
Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Well as you can see from the first picture the original RCZ door light are great.
Image

Well this is what they are like after water has got to it.
Image

Image


Well Steve's new lights have arrived, and they look far better than previous ones, more defined and a little larger as well.
Image

Image

I've ordered 2 sets so I put one of the second sets somewhere else.
Can you guess where?
Image

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:46 pm
Plecodoras User avatar

Senior Member
Senior Member

Posts: 1266
Kudos: 627
Location: North Yorks
That last pic Chris looks like its in the car, is it in the ceiling light?

They do look nice though don't they?

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat