Board index Other Stuff General Chat Getting locked in car

Getting locked in car

General Chat about anything non-car related; Jokes, fun, of interest, lifestyle, in the news

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:37 pm
Chris box Newbie

Kudos: 0
Had the rcz 6 weeks and a few times when parking I have tried to open the drivers door and it will not open. Had to open window and put my hand on the outside door handle to open the door. Am l missing something really simple as to why this is happening ?.

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:53 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 514
Hi and welcome to the forum, that does sound strange I know the car can be configured to automatically lock when you drive off but I would have thought you would still be able to open the drivers door to override it :eusa-think:
Have you tried opening the passenger door? If the passenger door opens then you have a faulty drivers door lock but if the passenger door does the same then it’s a central locking issue. Not much help but hope you get it sorted let us know how you get on.
PS just a long shot but once my boot release stuck in (still depressed at one side) and this threw all sorts of silly problems up with the car locking system until I figured it out.
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:12 am
DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1096
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

As has been previously mentioned, the boot lock can cause all kinds of weird & wonderful electrical issues. This can be if it has had water ingress, which has been known on RCZ’s.

When locking the car, if you press the lock button twice, this “deadlocks” the car, meaning that the interior door handles will not open the door, so even if a window is smashed to gain entry, the door can not be opened. Maybe somehow your car is deadlocking the doors when you drive away.

Again, as has been mentioned, try the passenger door. If this works it is not a deadlocking issue. I believe you can specify in your cars options whether or not the doors lock automatically when you set off (anti Hijack) you could try turning this off (if it’s on) and see if that solves your problem.

You could try a BSI reset, which can resolve all kinds of issues, but not sure of this is one of them. BSI reset details can be found here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12364&p=136388&hilit=BSI+reset#p136388

If all else fails, it is probably a faulty door handle/lock/mechanism, which depending on the actual fault, could be an easy fix. If it’s electrical it might take a bit more sorting.

Hope the above helps :thumbup:

Don’t forget to let us know how you get on, it can help others that might encounter the same thing.
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

Return to General Chat