Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Goodbye Pearl, hello Ruby

Goodbye Pearl, hello Ruby

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:17 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1482
Ian68 wrote:
Looks absolutely brilliant . Excellent work there by the leather upholsters and excellent choice of colour by yourself.
Definitely adds that wowzers look. :grin:

Thanks Ian :grin:

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:34 am
Scott barton User avatar

Kudos: 113
Nice !

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:49 pm
jassyo06 Senior Member

Kudos: 743
K. :-) this is my first time viewing your New RCZ Boudoir ;) on my large PC.. led monitor

And i have changed my opinion on the seats of your's..........Its NOT Roxanne........ Thats a "IF ONLY CARLSBERG MADE LEATHER INTERIOR'S".........l would go as far as saying they ARE nicer looking than my RECARO'S in the Focus

and you cant get a better compliment than that :-)
Jassy

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:11 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

jassyo06 wrote:
K. :-) this is my first time viewing your New RCZ Boudoir ;) on my large PC.. led monitor

And i have changed my opinion on the seats of your's..........Its NOT Roxanne........ Thats a "IF ONLY CARLSBERG MADE LEATHER INTERIOR'S".........l would go as far as saying they ARE nicer looking than my RECARO'S in the Focus

and you cant get a better compliment than that :-)
Jassy

Well Jassy, me old cocker ;) praise indeed coming from you :grin: :thumbup:

Pictures don't really do them justice. I know it's my car and I love her to bits but she now looks a million dollars, I think. They turned out way, way, way better than I ever imagined. Wasn't so keen on the quilted look when I had them done first time around but the more I researched and the more I looked, the more it grew on me. The additional benefit is that it shouldn't get ANY of the rucking issues on the seats either :)

Have a good holiday, the bronzed Adonis :thumbup:

K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:19 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Update to blog - click on link below :)

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 pm
TheKingOfHearts Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
RCZ1 wrote:
Ok guys and gals. I was waiting to upload the details on my blog but that is coming a little later.

So eventually, I've now had my interior retrimmed in lovely Nappa leather. I love it. Hope you do too !

Before

After

The red looks brighter in the photos as red tends to show as pink so I darkened the pics a little to try and get the full effect.

Oh my god do they look good. Though I'm biased as I've always been a huge fan of red and black. That being said, I never realised until now how crap the none leather seats are! Such a good investment in my book, especially with results like yours!

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:01 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

TheKingOfHearts wrote:
RCZ1 wrote:
Ok guys and gals. I was waiting to upload the details on my blog but that is coming a little later.

So eventually, I've now had my interior retrimmed in lovely Nappa leather. I love it. Hope you do too !

Before

After

The red looks brighter in the photos as red tends to show as pink so I darkened the pics a little to try and get the full effect.

Oh my god do they look good. Though I'm biased as I've always been a huge fan of red and black. That being said, I never realised until now how crap the none leather seats are! Such a good investment in my book, especially with results like yours!

Thanks "TheKingOfHearts" :thumbup:

Actually my pics of the non leather seats were very poor. They are actually quite good quality and are more black and silver than they appear in my photos. My pics make them look grey but they are not.

I agree about them being a good investment and the colour but red and black is not to everyone's taste but I like them.

Thanks "Waynetta" (my new chavtastic name ! ;) )

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 am
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
Nice job on the seats. I think the pictures really don't do it justice. Like, the old cloth seats look awful but probably aren't that bad. In my opinion leather is a must in a quality car like the rcz. Also, the red looks very bright but I had red seats in my TT and photos of them looked very bright so I would agree that they would look better in reality. Tell me, what is the logo above the rcz lettering? Looks like half of the nurburgring track :-)
Hope you wear them seats well!
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:33 am
RCZ1 User avatar

renegade79 wrote:
Nice job on the seats. I think the pictures really don't do it justice. Like, the old cloth seats look awful but probably aren't that bad. In my opinion leather is a must in a quality car like the rcz. Also, the red looks very bright but I had red seats in my TT and photos of them looked very bright so I would agree that they would look better in reality. Tell me, what is the logo above the rcz lettering? Looks like half of the nurburgring track :-)
Hope you wear them seats well!

Thanks renegade :thumbup:

Yes as I mentioned when I first posted the pics of the new interior, I darkened the pics slightly because when you photograph a red interior they tend to show as pink rather than red because they blow out with the light on them. It's not as bright red as it appears and matches the car rather well.

The logo above the RCZ is the Peugeot Sport logo and is also used by Irmscher for their Racing Line accessories. It was also used by Peugeot on the prototype to fill the "gap" on the fascia.

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:05 pm
speedy lady User avatar

Kudos: 20

WOW there look fab RCZ1 :thumbup:
speedy Lady
PROUD OWNER OF A 2012 RCZ GT HDI 163 WHITE
PRIVATE PLATE
LED DRLs

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:43 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

speedy lady wrote:
WOW there look fab RCZ1 :thumbup:

Thanks kind, speedy lady :thumbup:

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:10 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:11 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Brilliant! So pleased to hear your heart has been captured once again. I've had mine 16 months now and still get plenty of comments. I was in a petrol station late on Thursday night and the attended said, "I love your car! Is it custom made?!" He then gave the thumbs up as I drove away. Still love the attention we get! :grin:
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:21 am
RCZ1 User avatar

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:02 am
photojohn User avatar

Kudos: 151
A great read and some very good photography! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:08 am
Grantp User avatar

Kudos: 85
Another great Blog Kerry. Sorry to hear the sad news about your Mother.
1st RCZ - GT 156 - Charcoal - JBL HiFi Pack - NG4 3D Sat Nav
Ordered 22nd June 2010 - Built 12th Sept - In Calais 21st Sept 2010 - Picked up from Dealers 5th Oct 2010

2nd RCZ - GT 200 - Nero Black - Technical Storm Grey Alloys - JBL HiFi Pack - RT6 SatNav - Vision Pack - Black Pack
Ordered 26th Jan 2013 - Built 22nd April - In Calais 29th April - Picked up from Dealers 17th May 2013

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 am
TomC User avatar

Kudos: 321
RCZ1 wrote:

...if I can’t take Mum to these places, I will bring some of her favourite locations to her...

That's really a wonderful idea to show your love and make her life a bit better :thumbup:

[ and, of course, driving off-road gives you a great excuse for another detailing session :wave: ]
Tom

The blackest THP 200 of all...

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:47 pm
MBJ User avatar

Kudos: 118
Lovely blog. First picture after the words up on the Yorkshire Wolds is gorgeous!
Pearl White, black pack, sat nav, vision pack, sortilege wheels, GT automatic.
Ordered March 2013, Delivered on 3rd July 2013

In for a detail and lifeshine on 16th July, DAB radio being fitted on 19th July.

She is gorgeous.

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:52 pm
mrizzle User avatar

Kudos: 1570

Such a fantastically idea and emotive piece of writing complete with the wonderful photos that we have come to expect from you RCZ1. Such a shame that your mother and you can no longer take these trips together but you're certainly bringing the next best thing to her. Now all you need is a docking station for her room so you can blast out some Abba tunes to sing along to. Perhaps some ear defenders for the other residents and staff wouldn't go amiss? ;):D

Seriously though, a fantastic blog and I look forward to the next installment.
Former owner of: Dolphin Blue 156 GT, feline kit (black mesh grille and quad exhausts)
Black Onyx Solstice Alloys
380/360 led drls.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Edition bulbs
K&N Air Filter.
Personalised plate.

The replacement; Summit White Astra (J) GTC VXR

Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:27 pm
RCZ1 User avatar

Thank you for all your kind comments :thumbup:

Mr Rizz - what are you trying to imply about my singing :grin: ? Ok, you are so right - its really not the best. I make Jedward sound good :)

I take my iPhone which has all my music on, when I go to see Mum and we sing along to Abba but her personal favourite is "You Raise Me Up" by Westlife. As I said before, she knows all the words to the songs and all the nursing staff are now word perfect too as she's taught them the song and they sing along with her.

PreviousNext

Return to Peugeot RCZ General