Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General P1339 Code please help

P1339 Code please help

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:03 am
Alutescu Newbie

Kudos: 0
Good morning,

I recently purchased from Arnold Clark a Peugeot RCZ 1.6 200 THP from 2012 with 34000 miles . Car looked good, drove well and it was the car I always wanted. After few weeks the SAT NAV started overheating and had to be changed under warranty, after that fuel pump also , now another engine failure issue code P1339 ( which I had diagnostic to it saying it was the ignition coil , had all the coils replaced and the spark plugs) this morning turn the engine on after 30 seconds the car started misfiring and lost power and engine light came back on diagnostic showing P1339 fault , check service book. I am so frustrated because this car was my dream car and I own another Peugeot 208 from 2012 which did not give me any problems at all. But it seems like this car is actually causing me more issues than is worth? I had the car more time in the garage than I actually drove it. Please help ?

Thanks

Alex

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:01 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 207
Hi Alex, sorry to hear of your issues I know quite a few members have had ignition coil problems and some have found that the same issues arise once these have been changed but it's been down to an under par battery not necessarily flat but just not strong enough for the required electrical system I would give that a go mate.

Good luck let us know how you get on.
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:17 am
Alutescu Newbie

Hi Neil , thanks for the quick reply I will give it a try. I like the graphics on your RCZ. Did they came with the car or you purchased them afterwards ?

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:15 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Hi Alex thanks I bought the car with them on they are the ones Peugeot sold as an option they are actually shown in the accessories brochure from 2010 on a black car! You have to look hard to see them! :crazy: silly money from Peugeot something in the region of £400!

They're now starting to fade a bit so I'm looking to replace with mat carbon vinyl,same style though. :beer:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Post Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 pm
Alutescu Newbie

So the car worked fine for 1 day and today code P1337 came on. Could this be a sensor ? Anybody experienced anything like this ??

Post Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:08 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 79
Does it miss behave or is it just throwing a fault code?
I had 2 407s previously. One had a fault code for the passenger side ac sensor or something. The AC worked fine.
My grey one had fault codes for the drivers door electric window and mirror module. Guess what, everything worked.
2011 RCZ GT 200, Shark Grey. Feline styling pack (quads :p ) Vision pack lights. JBL upgrade.

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:54 pm
Alutescu Newbie

Ok so quick update .... after 3 weeks of issues with the car I have just received a call of my Peugeot dealer .... car needs new engine :O cylinder misfired and caused some other issues ...bottom line new engine will cost me 8000 pounds :O. My extended warranty with Arnold Clark covers just 3000 pounds. Arnold Clark dealership I bought the car from said they want to have a look at the car ( they are basically saying its my fault ) as the car was working fine when they sold it to me. I only owned the car for 4 months and its been in and out of a garage for 2 months. Only done 2000 miles since purchasing it. Now waiting on Peugeot UK to see if they are willing to contribute towards the costs ( I am not willing to pay more than 1000 pounds towards it) and Arnold Clark said they will help with the bill but not pay the whole 5000 outstanding. I am contemplating ringing Trading Standards as the Arnold Clark GM made me feel that my driving caused the car to fail and felt quite intimidated by his attitude. Any help is welcome ? :crazy:

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:58 pm
Alutescu Newbie

After 3 weeks of issues with the car I have just received a call of my Peugeot dealer .... car needs new engine :O cylinder misfired and caused some other issues ...bottom line new engine will cost me 8000 pounds :O. My extended warranty with Arnold Clark covers just 3000 pounds. Arnold Clark dealership I bought the car from said they want to have a look at the car ( they are basically saying its my fault ) as the car was working fine when they sold it to me. I only owned the car for 4 months and its been in and out of a garage for 2 months. Only done 2000 miles since purchasing it. Now waiting on Peugeot UK to see if they are willing to contribute towards the costs ( I am not willing to pay more than 1000 pounds towards it) and Arnold Clark said they will help with the bill but not pay the whole 5000 outstanding. I am contemplating ringing Trading Standards as the Arnold Clark GM made me feel that my driving caused the car to fail and felt quite intimidated by his attitude. Any help is welcome ? :crazy:

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 am
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 79
They want how much??
Be cheaper to get another Z!

Ps, there's a 270 R engine on eBay for 2200...

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
2011 RCZ GT 200, Shark Grey. Feline styling pack (quads :p ) Vision pack lights. JBL upgrade.

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:34 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

I had issues once with the dealer I bought my Z from I contacted trading standards they said you have a statutory 6 months where you car must be fit for purpose if not your dealer must repair or refund or offer an alternative vehicle. I challenged my dealer with this information and they agreed to pay for full repair. Don’t let your dealer bully you the law is on your side you shouldn’t have to pay a penny towards repair. Good luck hope you get it sorted keep us up to speed with how you get on. :beer:

Return to Peugeot RCZ General