Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ General Quick Drive out 353 miles - fuel consumption RCZ R

Quick Drive out 353 miles - fuel consumption RCZ R

General Community Discussion - Anything RCZ

RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 151
ONLY AEK wrote:
RCZ-R whats the price of petrol There?

about 1.55 EUR for premium. up to 1.70 for vpower
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 202
RCZ-R..

That's insane, how you manage that is an unknown in UK, but after driving down the A4 / A3 / A5 from Austria to Brussels through Germany, I can see how you do that. I must have drove 1200KM and I would say about nearly a half of that in the early stretches in Germany were unrestricted and I covered some hefty distances at very good speeds.

AEK, I was paying anywhere from 1.37 Euro litre 98RON in village garage to 1.71 Euro for 100RON or octane for us uk'ers. That was Shell Premium Plus+ 100 !! on the motorway services.

On another note I was getting 14.1KM / Litre when pacing it through Germany, Yes there were several slow downs for the roadworks but apart from that, driving etiquette in Germany is better than UK where numpties hog the middle lane and never pull over until they exit - 1D10T5 !!

Anyway - safe driving, things get quite hairy at 140+ mph, there is a remarkable difference from 100 - 120 mph
than 120 - 140+ mph.

:beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :lol:

JvdBosch Regular
Regular

Kudos: 4
Although I normally drive very relaxed, I too have done some fast driving in Germany. But I didn't go faster than 200kph. I'm not used to these speeds... and although the R's chassis is very well set up, I was startled by some bumps in the road which seemed to let the car step sideways a bit. So kudos to you RCZ-R!! Balls of steel.
Red RCZ-R, 8000km and counting...

renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 323
JvdBosch wrote:
So kudos to you RCZ-R!! Balls of steel.

Kudos indeed :thumbup:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

RCZ-R User avatar

Kudos: 151
ha ha, thanks guys :greetings-wavingblue:
All was happening with a safety net. I love speed but I love my life and that of other people even more.

The R's chassis can handle a lot. Even if you might get into the occasional wobble thru a bend, it doesn't matter to the car's stability. You still can push even further. A calm but strong hand and confidence into Pug's Sport division.

@Plecodoras
Indeed, going 120 or 140 is a difference. You need to be very focused. But the ultra strong brakes and the chassis stability give confidence.
You've been to 140+, now imagine how 165 is in the R? Awesome 8-) But that goes only on Sunday morning on a long stretch with hardly any car visible on the horizon. Yes, there are still those days.

Cheers!
RCZ R in red. driven daily. and driven hard.
Dyno results here: http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10118

Plecodoras User avatar

RCZ-R wrote:
ha ha, thanks guys :greetings-wavingblue:
All was happening with a safety net. I love speed but I love my life and that of other people even more.

The R's chassis can handle a lot. Even if you might get into the occasional wobble thru a bend, it doesn't matter to the car's stability. You still can push even further. A calm but strong hand and confidence into Pug's Sport division.

@Plecodoras
Indeed, going 120 or 140 is a difference. You need to be very focused. But the ultra strong brakes and the chassis stability give confidence.
You've been to 140+, now imagine how 165 is in the R? Awesome 8-) But that goes only on Sunday morning on a long stretch with hardly any car visible on the horizon. Yes, there are still those days.

Cheers!

I agree with your comments RCZ-R, I did max car out but not recorded it, I recorded it at 152mph which as you say with the chassis and brakes etc is almost effortless, the car is so planted it's unreal. This car makes driving at these speeds easy. Like you say - you have to be so focused with the road ahead, something I am used to as an ex biker. I remember one time that I had to slow down fast, not a problem and I didn't need to slam the brakes there was plenty meat to go! Sure surprised a few motorists who thought WTF didn't know they could do that!
I know we all go on about the price we paid for our cars but when you think what we have actually bought for the price, they are cheap for the fun / performance / handling etc that we get from them, compared to other so called sports cars.
Cheers n Beers - here's to next years Italian Alps tour !!

ONLY AEK User avatar

Kudos: 44
so there is a difference in the chassis between r and not r models..
i know about the suspension the weels the brakes and the differential but whats different in the chassis?

i ask because i have reached 245 km/h with mine and the control of the car was magnificent, can't imagine how much better an r can be!
thp 156 with 268hp!!!!!!!!

Plecodoras User avatar

ONLY AEK wrote:
so there is a difference in the chassis between r and not r models..
i know about the suspension the wheels the brakes and the differential but whats different in the chassis?

i ask because i have reached 245 km/h with mine and the control of the car was magnificent, can't imagine how much better an r can be!

No AEK I think you miss-understand, I think RCZ-R and I was only showing praise for the chassis, not highlighting any difference in chassis from other models. As far as I am aware there isn't a difference with the chassis, only the things you mention - brakes / suspension / engine internals and huge inter-cooler, etc. But if I m wrong then I stand corrected.

:beer:

Previous

Return to Peugeot RCZ General