Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies Another Newbie - Hopefully worth the 5 year wait...

Another Newbie - Hopefully worth the 5 year wait...

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Kartcat Newbie

Kudos: 4
As a former Ford Puma owner/owners club member I had that jaw dropping ‘what the hell is that’ moment on the A41 between Aylesbury and Hemel Hempstead after spotting my first RCZ in 2010. I test drove a black 2013 GT200 from Perrys in September of that year with a view to finally being able to offer one a ‘forever’ home by trading in my much-loved final year model Puma but instead was offered a new job a week later.... Which meant I had to have a ‘sensible’ 4 door diesel saloon as a company vehicle for the next 4 years. I managed to ‘get away' with a Leon FR 184bhp which definitely did a better job than most of the viable alternatives and, to be fair to it, was a great car...

However I’m now about to start a new role that doesn’t come with a company vehicle or require me to drive 3000 miles per month. The upside of this is I get to choose whatever car I want (which just about makes up for the massive increase in insurance costs during that time...).

So.... I was actually looking at buying a 3-4 year old petrol Leon FR or Cupra or a 2 Series coupe of a similar age until I saw a couple of RCZs within 5 minutes of each other on a journey 2 weeks ago and was reminded of how close I got to ordering one in 2013 and more importantly why...

As a result there’s now a low mileage (26500), locally owned black 2013 GT200 parked outside which originally came from Perrys so could even be the same car I test drove back in 2013... It doesn’t have Nav or DAB radio and the alloys are a bit tatty but these were not deal breakers or too difficult issues to resolve... apart from quite ‘mean’ looking quad exhausts which initially put me off a bit (even though I'm still a bit of a girl racer at heart...) its in its original unmodified state and drove/handled great on the 2 test drives I took it on. On both occasions I also coincidentally saw another RCZ driving in the opposite direction almost immediately so have managed to convince myself it was ‘meant to be’.

I'm ‘hoping’ that I’ve made the right decision by not going for the more 'sensible' Seat or BMW alternatives and got a reliable one... I know I’m going to get 'abused' en masse by friends and family for buying a used French car but I can live with that I think... ;)

DKZ5745 User avatar

Kudos: 1127
:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome :text-welcomewave:

Je ne regrette rien

You have made a great choice.

Once upon a time I had the company car burden, at that point it was a Fiat 128 cl special :shock:

You can relax & start smiling now, knowing you have one of the best looking cars in the world, especially for the price point.

Any questions, do a quick search on here, most issues have probably been covered over the years, but if you can’t find what your looking for, just ask, we are pretty friendly on here, unlike some other groups (mainly on FB) so even the silliest question will (eventually) get an answer

Nice to have a new member :wave: :thumbup:
Mk 2 GT200 Moroccan Red

RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 203
Welcome to the forum.

To counter any abuse, tell them it's Austrian, which it is. And if they want to abuse you at least get their facts correct beforehand :thumbup:

For extra points mention it's made by Magna Steyr in Graz. The same company who made the Aston Martin Rapide and Audi TT.
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

Kartcat Newbie

Thanks and hopefully I will get round to posting some pics of it once I've cleaned it (yet again, thanks to what appears to be an albatross that has already 'selected' the roof at it's toilet...)

I've made note of the additional abuse-deflection ammunition but so far so good on that front :D

I'm bound to have some questions once I've got past the 'driving it for the sake of it' stage and actually read the manual but haven't stopped smiling since my drive home with it on Monday (apart from at the 'Albatross' if I catch it :lol: :lol:)
Last edited by Kartcat on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 538
Hi and welcome, I’m sure your not going to be disappointed with your new car and once your relatives see the beauty in the flesh it doesn’t matter what badge is on it! How many people did you see admiring your Leon? Now watch how many admiring glances you get driving your Z :dance:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 203
Kartcat wrote:
once I've got past the 'driving it for the sake of it' stage

I've had mine over a year and still do that pretty much every day!

In fact I drove to Louth yesterday (a town about 15 miles away) and accidentally got 4 new tyres fitted :dance:
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

n.alex46 Regular
Regular

Hi and welcome to the forum I was the same as you saw poster advertising in 2010 loved the look but due to been a company car driver never thought I would own one. Changed job now get to drive my dream car everyday. Who cares what badge is on it what other car looks so good from every angle for the money. Enjoy and try not to look back every time you walk away. Oh by the way I personally prefer quads to standard

Verminator User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 20
Hi and welcome to the forum..
Enjoy your Z and all the heads that turn to look again and again..
LE5 8 KAZ (GREY LADY) OUR Z.
" The Grey Lady "
MK2 RCZ GT HDi (2014)
Mercury Grey
Lama Grey Half cream / black leather
Sat-Nav
Sensors F & B
Sports kit
19" Alloys
" Always ready to go cruising and turning heads "

Plecodoras User avatar

Kudos: 607
Late to the table but welcome :text-welcomewave: :greetings-wavingblue: to the forum,
yes the neck strain will set in, and you'll see others doing double takes - " what was that " !
but best off all - YOU get to drive it LOL.

Hope you have lots of smiles in front of you and ........

:text-worthless:

Tapatalk helps with pics if you find it problematic ! :thumbup:

Cheers M. :beer:
:lol: Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :eusa-think:

Former owner of Dolphin Blue GT200 fully loaded inc. Quads / Xenons.
Now on second white* R
currently sporting an Avery
Roaring Thunder Gloss flip colour wrap.

Return to Newbies