Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies New 200 Owner (finally!) - Bedfordshire

New 200 Owner (finally!) - Bedfordshire

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

OkeyStokey Regular
Regular

Kudos: 1
Thanks for that Ian.

Did you happen to take any photos of screw & clip location. I think a "how to" would be really useful (unless it has already been done)?

TIPS.jpg
TIPS.jpg (181.97 KiB) Viewed 577 times

This is the state of mine, which is why I would like to tackle it, but I don't want to damage anything in the process.

Cheers

beaks User avatar

Kudos: 36
OkeyStokey wrote:
Thanks for that Ian.

Did you happen to take any photos of screw & clip location. I think a "how to" would be really useful (unless it has already been done)?

TIPS.jpg

This is the state of mine, which is why I would like to tackle it, but I don't want to damage anything in the process.

Cheers

Hi,

I don't but I think there's 3 screws (torx) and a couple of plastic clips. The plastic clips you need to get a small screwdriver or pick to pull the centre pin out and then you can remove them.

Pretty sure you also need to remove the cover for the rear fog light and reverse light as well - this just pulls off.

Once this is done you should be able to unclip the exhaust clips. These are bolted onto a bracket which can be removed allowing you to clean them easier.

Your tips look no worse than mine did so with time you will get there! Just be patient... like I said getting some 0000 wire wool is essential and providing you don't go mad won't damage the chrome.

Cheers,

Ian B
@teambeaks

Nemi User avatar

Kudos: 57
Take a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XTn9Nwfp0 if you want to know how to remove that thing

2retro User avatar

Kudos: 531
Nemi wrote:
Take a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XTn9Nwfp0 if you want to know how to remove that thing

After watching the guy in that video struggle to remove the rear diffuser all I can say is good luck! lol

tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 371
A few pics of mine when I removed it to put quads on.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

OkeyStokey Regular
Regular

Well, thanks for the info everyone.
I was hoping the tips would come out without having to remove the diffuser, but having looked at that video, it looks like a deal breaker for me!

I might just have to see how cleaning in-situ would work.

RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 203
I've had mine off, easy enough job.
I'm a seasoned fiddler though :D

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Not a Peugeot anymore, after god knows how many years. I now drive a 2013 Toyota GT86, called Steven.

beaks User avatar

Kudos: 36
OkeyStokey wrote:
Well, thanks for the info everyone.
I was hoping the tips would come out without having to remove the diffuser, but having looked at that video, it looks like a deal breaker for me!

I might just have to see how cleaning in-situ would work.

Seriously - I'm no master technician (by a long way) but it wasn't a massive ballache for me... no more than 15 minutes if that... I think that chap on the video was building up his part a little!

Cleaning in situ will drive you mad.

It's a few screws, a few clips and a few tugs (so to speak).

Give it a whirl.

Ian B
@teambeaks

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 538
I did mine on the car (before having custom quad fitted) no problem just need something soft to kneel on then loads of autosol and some foam wet & dry sanding pads.
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

RCZ1 User avatar

Kudos: 1478
You just need a drill, some polishing cones and some good metal polish and a little bit of wet and dry and mobs a good ‘un !

Before

During and After
Mk 2 Sport 156 Moroccan Red Bespoke Nappa leather
Black Roof Arches Sports Pack Sat Nav K&N Filter Philips Diamond Vision lights

RCZ Sport 156 in Pearl White Bespoke Nappa leather interior with RCZ motif
K & N High Performance Air Filter 360/60 LED DRLs Phillips Extreme +100% Headlights Custom Car Mats

OkeyStokey Regular
Regular

Well, after the peer pressure! (just kidding).

I had a go at removing them and had a good and bad experience.

The good
The 3 X T27 bolts are easy, the 2 X plastic clips are a pain but not terrible to remove (especially with a spudger/mobile phone repair kit).
Removing the diffuser was quite tricky where it is close to the tips. It almost felt like there was a screw or clip still there, and I was sure something would break. However, I finally removed the diffuser (don't forget to unclip the wiring connection to the lights). which allowed the tips to slide forward away from their clips, and out.
I cleaned with wire wool, autosol, and a buffing wheel on a dremel. Slight pitting on the underneath, but almost as good as new.

The bad
I cannot for the life of me get the diffuser to go back home properly. The problem I have is that the platic bodywork above the diffuser is very flexible, so when you apply pressure to fit the clips in, it just bows forward.
The annoying thing is that the diffuser covers the area you need access to to stop it bowing forward. :evil:
CLEAN TIPS.jpg
CLEAN TIPS.jpg (181.62 KiB) Viewed 375 times

Here you can see the clips not engaging.
The other problem was the light cover clip has snapped off in one corner with all the wrestling so it now droops.

Well at least the tips are shiny!

neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 538
Before I changed my defuser to a carbon fibre one, the cowl under the light broke both tabs (crap idea) but a couple pieces of good double sided tape sorted it :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Previous

Return to Newbies