Board index Peugeot RCZ Newbies Newbie but planning to Leave

Newbie but planning to Leave

Introduce yourself to the forum here. What do you drive and what have you ordered?

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:58 pm
SimpleSimper Newbie

Kudos: 0
Its ironic i only discovered this group after having to search for help on issues with my RCZ which are also why i feel like moving on from it.

No idea where i need to post this but i have seen some posts on the dreaded VVT issue and Third Cam shaft, Actuator and Cylinder Head.

Mine is currently undergoing costly repair and to be honest Peugeot have been anything but helpful. I am at my wits end and have no other options than to find £4000 to repair the car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Its a lovely car, amazing drive but so unreliable and Peugeot... pfffft awful a mon avis.

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:47 pm
RCZIain Moderator

Kudos: 81
Did it not have a warranty?

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
2011 RCZ GT 200, Shark Grey. Feline styling pack (quads :p ) Vision pack lights. JBL upgrade.

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:16 pm
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 211
Hi sorry to hear of your problems I have heard of certain issues with the VVT and one owner that had a problem with the cylinder head which needed a costly replacement but these are very rare and the most common problem associated with timing issues is the timing chain and associated gubbins.
Which Z do you have ? Age and mileage? Who have diagnosed the issues and who’s doing the work? :eusa-think:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Return to Newbies