Board index Peugeot RCZ Peugeot RCZ Technical Discussion Lights & Electrics Led brake light below spoiler

Led brake light below spoiler

Interior, exterior and warning lights

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:14 am
wheadland Newbie

Kudos: 0

Liam mcc wrote:
I've been told by arnold clark it's not covered

Spoke to pug today an they have said that if they find it to be a fault then they will
Replace unit under warranty ...

But if they find it due to wear or tear they I'll have the bill .. Unit costs around 165 pounds then labour to fit

I'm on my second RCZ and had that fault with the first one alas out of warranty so had to buy one . The price was £114 52 in 13/12/2013 and decided to fit it my self.

You have to remove the boot lid liner , which is held on with plastic push in buttons and can be removed with a flat blade screwdriver . The brake light unit is held on by two 10mm nuts undo these and unplug the light unit job done it's that easy .

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:45 am
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
i'm still no further on with this issue. i went to see an electronics guru and he was no help. back to the drawing board or part with some cash :eusa-think:

on another note did anyone see steve's (rcz performance) flickering brake light mod in Yorkshire last month? Very cool :thumbup:
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:15 pm
biggsie Newbie

Hi All,
Just bought my first RCZ Grey THP 200 GT 2011 12000 miles on clock. Air compressor shot need new Pug reducing cost of replacement by 75% and now noticed 1 light out in light below spoiler. Can you buy a replacement and fit self as its easy to replace as stated by others.
Thanks in advance.

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:41 pm
2retro User avatar

Kudos: 529
biggsie wrote:
Hi All,
Just bought my first RCZ Grey THP 200 GT 2011 12000 miles on clock. Air compressor shot need new Pug reducing cost of replacement by 75% and now noticed 1 light out in light below spoiler. Can you buy a replacement and fit self as its easy to replace as stated by others.
Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum. You can indeed purchase a replacement and fit it yourself and if you read this very thread you can find the part number and price but it's quite an expensive item I'm afraid.

Post Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:26 am
biggsie Newbie

Looks like I'll be using this forum quite often as there seem to be a lot of gremlins with this car. Shame Peugeot don't own up to obvious problems and agree fixes as its a beaut to look at and drive.

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:30 pm
biggsie Newbie

2retro wrote:
biggsie wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum. You can indeed purchase a replacement and fit it yourself and if you read this very thread you can find the part number and price but it's quite an expensive item I'm afraid.

Now got air con, time to play face a bit for the rear brake light cluster to see what they'll do.

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:06 pm
renegade79 User avatar

Kudos: 373
My rear brake light LED's were missing a few dud bulbs but my dealer told me if my car was in warranty then he would be pledging to have it replaced under warranty. Is your car still in warranty?
308GTi THP270 in magnetic blue

RCZ gone but not forgotten

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:58 pm
hanswuk User avatar

Kudos: 165
GSF Car Parts have these Led lights in stock. They are genuine but offer a modest saving over the dealer price. Renegade - there are two GSF branches in Dublin. Also many branches in England, Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland.
Dolphin Blue GT 200

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:10 am
Melancia User avatar

Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Hi,

Does anyone know where can I find a replacement, please? It can be used, I don't mind. The price at the dealership in Cambridge is out of reality.

Thanks!

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:22 am
tianorth User avatar

Kudos: 367
See above posts.

If you get a replacement, find someone who is good with electrics/electronics and see how much to replace the damaged leds as you can then recoup some of the cost by selling, or alternatively you can sell the one after replacement and let the next person repair it.
Tia2 is a 2013 RCZ Magnetic in Black with a 2litre diesel engine
Upgraded Peugeot sat-nav now has 7 digit postcode, safety alerts and updated maps
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights, quad exhaust tips
Tia3 is a 2015 RCZ-R in Mercury Grey with a 1.6litre petrol engine, oh and 270 bhp
Other mods include door catch covers, rcz puddle lights
Both have dash cams front and back

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:56 am
Jacknagington Regular
Regular

Kudos: 2
Can you actually replace the individual leds or not?? If you took it to a auto electrician? Only got the two out but it’s just annoying

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:41 am
neilgsxr69 User avatar

Kudos: 528
Ive been looking for a second hand unit to have a go at repairing but people are wanting ridiculous prices even for faulty units. LEDs are easily available the problem will be splitting the original unit to get inside then resealing but I reckon it’s doable.
If anyone has a dud unit they’ve replaced and they want shut drop me a pm. :thumbup:
Launch edition Pearl White Carbon roof & Wing Mirror covers / mat black Graphics

Previous

Return to Lights & Electrics