Board index Peugeot RCZ RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum racechip for rcz

racechip for rcz

Remaps, Bodykits, Alloys, Springs, In Car Entertainment

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:13 pm
Meirrcz Newbie

Kudos: 0
hi
i need help with racechip for my rcz 1.6 petrol.
i upload a photo please guys have a look, in the left of my hand i'm holding the one connect to the MAP sensor, all ok with this, but i dont know the one in the right where is connect to?

please help

the installation guide i get from racechip its says only about to connect to map sensor, nothing say where to connect the other one, if someone know about it please help

racechip ultimate
http://i58.tinypic.com/2090upy.jpg

Post Wed May 07, 2014 6:01 am
Meirrcz Newbie

any help? up

Post Wed May 07, 2014 7:47 am
Figo User avatar

Kudos: 231

Perhaps it would be good to give RCZPerformance a holler he might be able to help.

Not many people go for the "Chips" on here and Im pretty sure those who have had them fitted at a garage.
Image <---- Give it a click *Updated 19/03/14*

THE OWNERSHIP THREAD - LETS BE HEARD!

Post Wed May 07, 2014 7:49 am
Figo User avatar

Had a quick look at the Racechip and this might explain whats going on. you basically want to fool both sensors.

This is for a VW 1.4 TSi but as shown you want to alter the values at 2 places.

Have a good feel around the engine bay of the RCZ and hopefully you will see the 2 locations

looking at the mini forums it seems the locations are before and after the throttle body. :beer:

Post Wed May 07, 2014 7:53 am
Figo User avatar

http://www.minidynamics.com/RaceChip-Si ... s/2004.htm

have a peek at that.. the Mini uses the same engine

Post Wed May 07, 2014 9:04 am
frankvdb User avatar

Kudos: 81
It should be noted that BMW/Mini are "moving on" to a new generation of 1.5 and 2 liter engines...
My car history:
2010 Peugeot RCZ HDi 163hp blue tuanake full options
2001 Peugeot 307 3-door XSi HDi 110hp blue recife
1995 Peugeot 306 3-door XNd 70hp rouge analou

Post Thu May 08, 2014 1:59 am
kazee User avatar

Kudos: 21
It should look something like this for Thp156, the other wire is connected to behind of the air box, so u might wanna plug out the air panel for easy access... It's on the left side of the engine(looking in the engine)
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1399510634271.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399510634271.jpg (182.1 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
uploadfromtaptalk1399510592791.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399510592791.jpg (192.39 KiB) Viewed 5700 times

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:55 pm
izzjojoba Newbie

Kudos: 1
Hi bro,

How to plug out the air panel?

Post Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:32 pm
Rob30 User avatar

I just fitted the racetrip Ultimate to my 156. It's fiddly because you have to partly dismantle the air filter box at the back of the engine bay to access the 3 pin plug which I assume is the MAP sensor. Just unscrew the top of the air filter box and disconnect the hose with the jubilee clip on it. You will also probably have to unscrew the white reservoir to the right (looking to the back of the car from the engine bay) of the air box. Then unscrew the one screw (left side front of the air box) that holds the bottom part of the box in place and lever out the air box from its three mounting sockets at the other three corners of the air box. It comes out with a bit of pulling and wiggling. I put a new KN air filter in at the same time. posting.php?mode=reply&f=20&t=7871#.

The other plug is a four pin plug which connects to the sensor on the top of the tube from the intercooler and is immediately accessible. I guess this is the MAF sensor. Might be wrong on which sensor is which, cos I'm no expert !!

I like to think that the racechip and the new kn filter have made a some difference. She feels perkier anyway. Had to upgrade my insurance so I hope it was worth it. I'm very happy with the car so that's the main thing. If it continues this way I will be looking to trade it in for a RCZ R next year !! Just need to find one in Moroccan Red. posting.php?mode=reply&f=20&t=7871#
RCZ R Moroccan Red

Post Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:06 am
macbrush Newbie

Once you know where the sensor locate, you can find someone with big hands to reach it. I can reach it without taking out the airbox, but I have big hands and thin wrists which help a lot.

Rob30 wrote:
I just fitted the racetrip Ultimate to my 156. It's fiddly because you have to partly dismantle the air filter box at the back of the engine bay to access the 3 pin plug which I assume is the MAP sensor. Just unscrew the top of the air filter box and disconnect the hose with the jubilee clip on it. You will also probably have to unscrew the white reservoir to the right (looking to the back of the car from the engine bay) of the air box. Then unscrew the one screw (left side front of the air box) that holds the bottom part of the box in place and lever out the air box from its three mounting sockets at the other three corners of the air box. It comes out with a bit of pulling and wiggling. I put a new KN air filter in at the same time. posting.php?mode=reply&f=20&t=7871#.

The other plug is a four pin plug which connects to the sensor on the top of the tube from the intercooler and is immediately accessible. I guess this is the MAF sensor. Might be wrong on which sensor is which, cos I'm no expert !!

I like to think that the racechip and the new kn filter have made a some difference. She feels perkier anyway. Had to upgrade my insurance so I hope it was worth it. I'm very happy with the car so that's the main thing. If it continues this way I will be looking to trade it in for a RCZ R next year !! Just need to find one in Moroccan Red. posting.php?mode=reply&f=20&t=7871#

Return to RCZ Tuning & Modifying Forum